Those who can make you believe absurdities, will make you commit atrocitie —Voltaire

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Otto e Mezzo Federico Fellini



The Perfect Metaphore For A Man's Life


Have you sat and really watched this film?
Really watched it?
If not, get it.
See it.

There is something about this film's hauntingly beautiful images that go straight through to the heart, they jolt it still even forty years on. The sheer simplicity and elegance of the directing, acting and design all combine to creat the most stylish, sharp and yet, at the same time, possibly one of the most tender films ever made.

Here are some central clips from this wonderful film, but don't worry there is no story to give away.

Innocence


Awakening


Love




Lust



Failure


Fantasy



Maturity



The Truth


The End

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About Me said...

5 comments:

Stefano said...

Last time I saw your MySpavce profile I tought to see a video with Marcello Mastroianni.
Well...
...so I was right :)

I'm glad to see you appreciate this great director.
I think that he's so visionary that you could enjoy and feel his movies (this above all) even without sound.

BTW, linking this topic with my request for places in Madrid...
...have you ever been in Rome Manu?

There is an area in Rome called Eur that was one of Fellini's favourites.
There you can find a very impressive architeture.

Hugz,
Stefano
1/22/2007 12:14 PM
Manu said...

Glad you liked this post Stefano. i love this film...well i love the whole period in Italian filmaking. It's my favourite. Yes i have been to Rome and I love it. Though not for a few years now. I don'r knopw Eur no...never heard of it...but i will look up some info.

Take care
Hugs
Manu
1/23/2007 3:23 PM
Stefano said...

I'll leave you some more hints just to tease you a bit more.. :)

There is a short documentary on the link between Fellini and this place.
LINK

He expressed himself on Eur with these words:

"EUR is a perfect background for those who rappresent images for profession..."

"I choose Eur because is a work of art, a living picture. And is also a symbol of an interrupted crazy dream..."

Especially the second quote is very impressive (in my opinion).

If you wanna give a look at the place follow this link.
At the bottom of the page there are some images.

LINK

Consider that the place have been realized after the war, and the model is inspired, obviously, to the fascist ideology (the roman classic urban planning).

Well,
next time you'll be in Rome,
if you want,
I offer myself as a tour guide..
he he he

:)

Cheers,
Stefano
1/23/2007 5:02 PM
Manu said...

WoW Thanks Stefano i will work my way through all that and find out more.
Grazie.
Baci.
1/24/2007 9:49 PM
julio.pardo.rodriguez said...

You’re right: certainly one of the best films ever.

Most of Fellini’s films are really great. I particularly like his films with Masina: La Strada, Nights of Cabiria, Ginger and Fred... They were a f*** couple of geniuses. And Amarcord, and the traffic jam in the rain scene in Roma...

...and Rossellini, and De Sica, and Visconti, and Pasolini...

I hope things are going well in Barcelona.
1/25/2007 8:51 PM